Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 03:38:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 292
  • Total Topics: 151
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 518
  • (January 21, 2020, 05:24:49 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5

Welcome!

Welcome to the Cancer Health Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have any type of cancer, their friends and family and others with questions about living with cancer. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Cancer Health Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating and cancer recovery  (Read 4143 times)

Offline KitKatt

• View Profile
Dating and cancer recovery
« on: November 07, 2018, 10:20:44 am »
I just finished my last round of chemo. I’m 27 years old and have been away from the dating scene for the past 5 years as I’ve been undergoing cancer treatment. I’m still wearing a wig, but my hair should start to grow in soon now that I’m done with chemo. I am super nervous about approaching dating as I have not dated anyone since I got diagnosed with cancer. I am worried that if I start dating, I am eventually going to have to tell my date about my cancer and I’m worried he won’t accept me for my physical appearance. I feel like someone in the cancer community would understand me, but I don’t even know how to get back into the dating world as I’ve been removed from it for a while.
 Can any cancer patients or survivors speak to this?
Is there an online dating platform for the cancer community that I can utilize?

Offline survivorkelly

• View Profile
Re: Dating and cancer recovery
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 02:16:53 pm »
If a guy doesnt accept you for your physical appearance then the heck with him! You are being brave by puting yourself out there, and you should continue to do so. If he is really meant to be then he will like you no matter what. Anyone that invested in looks is not worth any time. Just keep doing you and be strong. Good things will come!

Offline KitKatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:48:42 pm »
Thanks I really need to learn more self love, cancer has made me so much stronger in some senses, but not in that department yet. I guess I'll have to work on that!

Offline survivorkelly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 03:26:32 pm »
Youre stronger than you know!!You just survived the toughest fight someone can go through, so remember that! Good luck and i hope you find the right one soon, but dont sell yourself short!

Offline Maddie459

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 05:17:13 pm »
Love that advice Kelly! You know your worth, so don't settle. If he doesnt appreciate your story and your strength he isn't worth it.

Offline KitKatt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 05:11:19 pm »
Thanks girls, Ill keep everyone updated  :D

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.