Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2020, 03:48:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 292
  • Total Topics: 151
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 518
  • (January 21, 2020, 05:24:49 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Welcome!

Welcome to the Cancer Health Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have any type of cancer, their friends and family and others with questions about living with cancer. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Cancer Health Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: To treat or not to treat  (Read 1976 times)

Offline debbie_mw

• View Profile
To treat or not to treat
« on: October 30, 2018, 10:55:06 am »
My father was diagnosed with lung cancer, and we are all devastated. It was shocking because he is in pretty good shape for his age. He has an oncology appointment coming up and we are wondering about treatment. He is thinking about not having treatment due to the side effects, but if he gets treatment we may have more time with him. Any advice we can share as to why treatment may be the best route?

Offline Sarahh89

• View Profile
Re: To treat or not to treat
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 02:36:29 pm »
Hi Debbie,
You’re father should definitely get the treatment. While the side effects can be pretty bad, he will definitely be giving himself a chance at beating the cancer and living a longer life. i suggest that you try to get him on here so that he can hear about other cancer patients’ experiences. I also suggest he brings this up with his oncologist next week as im sure he/she will be able to show him the positive effects that can happen from treatment. you won’t know unless you try.

Good luck!

Offline happyholly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 04:51:45 pm »
hey debbie, We are all here for you and your father! Stay strong and just be the best support system you can be. Keeping him in my prayers!

Offline debbie_mw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 04:28:51 pm »
He is unfortunutely still fighting with about treatment. Running out of ways to convince him.
Anyone have anymore advice? I am not ready to lose him...

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.