Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2020, 02:42:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 279
  • Total Topics: 141
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 518
  • (January 21, 2020, 05:24:49 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8

Welcome!

Welcome to the Cancer Health Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have any type of cancer, their friends and family and others with questions about living with cancer. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Cancer Health Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: mom is off cigarettes but now onto e-cigarettes. what do i do? please help!  (Read 3822 times)

Offline morgansky

• View Profile
my mother has nonsmall cell lung cancer and she has resorted to using ecigarettes instead of smoking real cigarettes. we have been trying to get her to quit all together but she wont listen and she wont ask her doctor about them. does anyone know if shes ruining her chances of getting better??

Offline devonandfamily

• View Profile
hi morgan - sorry to here about your mom. i actually went down a similar path with my mother. its definitely good that shes gotten off of real cigarettes, but smoking e-cigarettes could potentially be harmful to her. little is known about ecigarettes and the longterm effects associated with them, so it would really benefit your mother to stop smoking them. if possible, i suggest you go with your mother on her next drs appt to see if you can get her oncologist to address the potentially harmful effects of smoking e-cigarettes. while this may be difficult, it is important for you to do everything you can to keep your mom here longer.

Offline Maddie459

• View Profile
Hi Morgan, I just wanted to check in to see how to progress is going with your mother?  I know it is hard to help someone who doesn't want the help, especially with cigarettes. I had a family member try to quit smoking and it was a troubling process. I hope everything is well!

Offline morgansky

• View Profile
Hey Maddie, my mom has since quit smoking! It took a lot of persistance and time, but she finally did it. I htink the doctor finally convinced her it was in no ones best interest that she continues. Thanks for checkingin.

Offline Maddie459

• View Profile
That is so great to hear! Please let us know if you have any other questions, and keep us updated.

Offline debbie_mw

• View Profile
I'm in a similar situation with my father who was diagnosed. He claims he stopped smoking but we can all smell it on him.
Any tips you can give on how your mom did it? or how the doctor was about to get through to her?

Offline morgansky

• View Profile
Well step 1 We reallllllly had to keep her busy. I think most of it was within her though, she decided it was time. She tried other things like the gum and patch, but they were not good enough. It was more of a mental switch that went off and motivated her. Maybe it was the amount of care we showed her?

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.