Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2019, 03:46:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 212
  • Total Topics: 101
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 139
  • (October 31, 2018, 04:13:53 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7

Welcome!

Welcome to the Cancer Health Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have any type of cancer, their friends and family and others with questions about living with cancer. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Cancer Health Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: looking for diet suggestions for my husband  (Read 1626 times)

Offline carolnj

• View Profile
looking for diet suggestions for my husband
« on: July 25, 2018, 12:16:17 pm »
my husband was diagnosed w/ advanced liver cancer and i m looking for the best diet for him to slow this down. pls help me w/ any suggestion you have.

Offline nicholasburg

• View Profile
Re: looking for diet suggestions for my husband
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 01:57:52 pm »
i think its great that youve brought this up as healthy eating is very important in the fight against cancer. for cancer patients, a healthy diet helps maintain energy and strength while also helping the body to heal and supporting the immune system. being well nourished can speed up recovery after surgery, help cancer treatment work better, and improve quality of lfe. please take a look at the following article as it goes into detail the types of food you're husband should be eating to maintain a healthy diet, https://www.cancerhealth.com/basics/health-basics/eating-cancer
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:16:31 pm by iana5252 »

Offline carolnj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 11:04:39 am »
Thank you for the suggestion. We are still on a long road to recovery, but I make sure my husband is eating clean for every meal. It is hard to keep his appetite up, but when he does get the nutrients he needs I see improvement!

Offline nicholasburg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 02:10:18 pm »
I'm glad that improvement is being seen. Good luck to you and your husband!

Offline happyholly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 01:09:51 pm »
Here is another article that gives info that should be considered! Organic may be the way to go!
https://www.cancerhealth.com/article/can-eating-organic-cut-cancer-risk

Offline carolnj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 04:55:45 pm »
I definitely think organic is best, but not the best for our wallets. Even the slightest upcharge is saddly really effecting us these days.

Offline happyholly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 03:09:06 pm »
I know its tough  :( Regular fruits and veggies are perfectly fine too though so no worries!
I hope things improve for you and your husband

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.