Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2019, 03:08:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 224
  • Total Topics: 109
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 139
  • (October 31, 2018, 04:13:53 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8

Welcome!

Welcome to the Cancer Health Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have any type of cancer, their friends and family and others with questions about living with cancer. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Cancer Health Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: medical bills adding up, struggling to pay them  (Read 2467 times)

Offline cancerfighter

• View Profile
medical bills adding up, struggling to pay them
« on: July 24, 2018, 03:33:00 pm »
while i am a few months thru cancer treatment, i have been seeing the medical bills build up and it is becoming quite costly. i have already had to take off of work on a frequent basis, especially when getting chemo because it takes a hvy toll on my body. in addition to this, i also have three young children to support. how have other people in my situation tackled this? r their resources i can take advantage of to ease this financial stress?

Offline Maddie459

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: medical bills adding up, struggling to pay them
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 11:52:22 am »
Cancer treatment is so difficult to uphold the payments since this is such a common problem there are many programs out there that can help support you financially. If you look at the link below it lists organizations who help those who are in similar positions as you are.
https://www.cancerhealth.com/basics/health-basics/resources-cancer-financial-aid

Offline sunshinesally

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 12:13:14 pm »
In the hospital there were people that helped out patients that have financal problems and they help you navigate it all. They also have funds put to the side that help people with their expenses. They really helped me, so you should try to contact your hospital and see what they say.

Offline lizhigh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 02:28:36 am »
Here's an article about working with a financial navigator to help figure out how to pay for care. I hadn't realized that many community cancer centers have navigators, not just the big high-end centers in major cities:

https://www.cancerhealth.com/article/financial-peace-mind-megan-pienta

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.