Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2020, 10:42:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 266
  • Total Topics: 132
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 518
  • (January 21, 2020, 05:24:49 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Welcome!

Welcome to the Cancer Health Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have any type of cancer, their friends and family and others with questions about living with cancer. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Cancer Health Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Prostate cancer  (Read 1524 times)

Offline turlockmelons

• View Profile
Prostate cancer
« on: October 30, 2017, 04:15:24 pm »
I had radiation treatment for prostate cancer in late 2010. The treatment was successful and my PSA dropped to .02 from .08. Ever since at my annual physicals I've been given a PSA test and I've varied from .02 to .03. I'm now 85 and would like to know if there is any benefit in my continuing to take this test.
    Your thoughts please. Thanks.

Offline lizhigh

• View Profile
Re: Prostate cancer
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 07:55:16 pm »
Most of the professional organizations agree that men can stop PSA screening at age 70 -- but that's preventive screening for people who have never had prostate cancer. I'd ask your doctor whether you really need to keep getting it done. On the other hand, if you're already getting a physical with blood work done anyway, including one more test is minimal effort and cost.

Offline frankfromatlanta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 04:08:24 pm »
Isn't there some peace of mind to knowing? If it's easy enough to include in your annual physical AND your insurance covers it, I'd keep doing it.

Offline sickandtired

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 12:29:06 pm »
So when you get old enough you can stop testing. Never even thought of that.

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.