Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 03, 2020, 06:52:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

 

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 279
  • Total Topics: 141
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 518
  • (January 21, 2020, 05:24:49 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Welcome!

Welcome to the Cancer Health Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have any type of cancer, their friends and family and others with questions about living with cancer. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Cancer Health Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - frankfromatlanta

Pages: [1]
1
Living with Lung Cancer / Rush Limbaugh Has Advanced Lung Cancer
« on: February 06, 2020, 03:44:13 pm »
Sorry to hear Rush has lung cancer.

Hope he gets better soon. And congrats to him on his Presidential Medal of Freedom! So well deserved.

Here's some coverage from Cancer Health
https://www.cancerhealth.com/article/rush-limbaugh-advanced-lung-cancer/comments

2
Come on.  :P :P :P Next you will tell me not to drink my coffee in the morning. Literally you can find a report how everything on the planet can kill you. Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with my OJ.

3
Living with Prostate Cancer / Re: Prostate Cancer Treatment
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:58:41 am »
I had a friend who was about 10 years older when faced with that same decision. He went for treatment. The seeds were very uncomfortable to say the least. He did kick into remission though. He never talked about the ED stuff so sorry no feedback on that front.

4
Living with Liver Cancer / Re: do i have liver cancer
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:44:15 pm »
I had a friend in a similar situation. He was told it was 80% chance of being cancer and only 20% of being malignant. They couldn't figure out which it was until after it was removed. This all happened about 7 years ago. He got lucky and it was benign.

He also said don't let them take the entire kidney. There are doctors who can just remove the tumor and leave a bunch of your kidney. In his case they saved 75% of the kidney. He had it done at Sloan Kettering. He first went to doctors in NJ and they all told him the whole kidney had to come out.

5
Off Topic Forum / Re: Patton Oswalt's Annihilation Netflix Special
« on: November 09, 2017, 05:39:36 pm »
I saw it. I laughed my ass off. The "Polish woman of doom" was my favorite bit although went a little long by the time he hit Arbor Day. Amazing how he can make you laugh about something so so dark.  Must of been so theraputic for him to work through that material.

6
Living with Prostate Cancer / Re: Prostate cancer
« on: November 06, 2017, 04:08:24 pm »
Isn't there some peace of mind to knowing? If it's easy enough to include in your annual physical AND your insurance covers it, I'd keep doing it.

7
Now I have a reason to talk about my dad and Gandalf in the same sentence! ;D 8)

8
Thank you for the quick reply. Feeling better about the decission.   :)

9
Hi. I'm on here for my dad. He's 85 and was just diagnosed with early stage prostate cancer. His doctor is telling him he doesn't need to treat it because at his age it will do more harm then good. I've read that prostate cancer is relatively slow developing but just wanted to triple check that makes sense.

So what do you think?

Pages: [1]

© 2020 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.